Private Real Estate Solutions
We search for the upside and we’re experts in finding it. We invest across the capital stack and in different markets and sectors where we see opportunities to create value through carefully constructed investment strategies.
(sourcing underwriting and managing)
Our Key Strategies
- Investments in stabilized real estate with strong positive cash flows
- Inflation-hedged, real-return mandate
- Low volatility and substantial current cash flow
- Investments in underperforming, undercapitalized and/or mismanaged assets
- Repositioning strategies designed to improve revenue while maximizing the return on capital
- Investments in assets with the opportunity to increase density
- Value is created through entitlement and redevelopment strategies
- Investments in properties in supply constrained markets where there exists an opportunity to maximize rental density and create significant value
- Strategy can comprise of rezoning, entitlement, construction
Private Real Estate Team
Jeff HutchisonCFA Managing Partner & Co-Head Real Estate
Jeff Hutchison joined Hazelview Investments in June 2006 and is Managing Partner & Co-Head Real Estate. Jeff is responsible for providing oversight to Hazelview’s private real estate investment platform and is primarily responsible for developing portfolio and investment level strategies, managing the performance of private equity investments and overseeing and directing property managers.
Jeff has 30 years of experience in investment management including corporate strategy, asset management and operations, acquisitions and dispositions and financing. Prior to joining Hazelview, Jeff was Vice President, Corporate Development at Realstar Management Partnership and a Portfolio Manager at OTPPB / the Cadillac Fairview Corporation.
Jeff holds a Bachelor of Commerce from Queen’s University School of Business and holds the Chartered Financial Analyst designation.