Private Real Estate Solutions
We search for the upside and we’re experts in finding it. We invest across the capital stack and in different markets and sectors where we see opportunities to create value through carefully constructed investment strategies.
(sourcing underwriting and managing)
Our Key Strategies
- Investments in stabilized real estate with strong positive cash flows
- Inflation-hedged, real-return mandate
- Low volatility and substantial current cash flow
- Investments in underperforming, undercapitalized and/or mismanaged assets
- Repositioning strategies designed to improve revenue while maximizing the return on capital
- Investments in assets with the opportunity to increase density
- Value is created through entitlement and redevelopment strategies
- Investments in properties in supply constrained markets where there exists an opportunity to maximize rental density and create significant value
- Strategy can comprise of rezoning, entitlement, construction
Private Real Estate Team
Michael WilliamsManaging Partner, Head of Real Estate Development
Michael Williams joined Hazelview Investments in February 2020 as Managing Partner, Head of Development. In his current role, Michael maintains management oversight of Hazelview’s execution and investment in real estate developments. Execution efficacy and integrity are his core beliefs in implementing development initiatives across the company and marketplace. Through his leadership, Hazelview’s development mandate has evolved with emphasis on sustainable ideas, quality products, mentoring and team collaboration.
Michael has over 13 years’ experience in Real Estate Development, Asset Management and Investment. Michael had previously worked for Hazelview from 2012-2018 as part of the Capital and Development teams. In his brief departure from Hazelview, Michael was employed by Clifton Blake Asset Management as Senior Vice President, Asset Management, responsible for leading their private equity investment group.
Michael completed the Executive Commercial Real Estate program at Cornell University, obtained his PMP certificate from the University of Toronto, LEED GA Sustainable Development – Canadian Green Building Council, GSI Project Management – Canadian Construction Association, studied Commerce at the University of Toronto